Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Adding a Google Cloud Platform Connection
To add a Google Cloud Platform Connection, navigate the Side Menu>Connected Data>Connections.
More information on how to add a Connection can be found here, Adding Data Connections.
On the Connections page
- Click the ADD CONNECTION button on the top right to bring up a list of connections
- Click on Google Cloud Platform option
- Add your Account Key File to be uploaded by clicking on the Select New button and navigating to where the file is located.
- Add the Service Account Email and Password to be used to authenticate the Service Account Key File.
Click the SAVE button on the top right of the page to store your configuration.
- Google Cloud Platform connections are only available on Premium accounts and they must be an Administrator level user to see the option.
- You need to create a Google Service Account in GCP before adding the Google Cloud Platform Connection.
Creating a Service Account
- In the top-left corner of the GCP console, click Menu .
- Click IAM & AdminService accounts.
- Click Create Service Account and in the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create.
- Assign the desired roles to the new account.
- Click Continue Create Key.
- Ensure the key type is set to P12 and click Create.
You’ll see a message that the service account P12 file has been downloaded to your computer.
Take note of the File Password that’s linked to the generated P12 file.
- Click CloseDone.
- Click Save.