Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Our platform enables you to quickly and easily connect your data sources to data from a file located on an FTP server.
This enables a one-way synchronization to occur – where any changes in the FTP file are downloaded into your data source on a regular basis.
Your data source will be automatically updated in this way until you remove the connector or an error occurs (such as losing authorization to access the file).
Note: You'll need to authenticate the Connection to your FTP account before adding a Connector.
Adding an FTP Data Source Connector
Navigate to the Settings page of the data source you’d like to import rows into.
- Connected Data>Data Sources
- In the list of available data sources, hover your mouse over the listing of the data source you wish to connect.
A set of options will show, click on the Settings link.
- A new window with connectors to choose from will appear, click the FTP option.
The page should refresh with your newly added connector to be configured.
Configuring an FTP Data Source Connector
Next, configure the following:
- File Location: This should be entered in the following format: ‘FolderName/Folder2/FileName.csv’.
- Refresh Frequency: The frequency that data is pulled by this connector.
Note: Data must be in .csv or .xlsx format and cannot contain formula. The spreedsheet must exist in your FTP account.
When you save your changes, the connector will be fired for the first time and after that will run at the interval you specified in the connector settings.
Wait a minute or so and then check the Rows page of your data source.
If rows are not downloaded, then there may be an error with the file’s data or in the permissions to access the file.
You can check for errors by clicking on the View Logs link shown next to your connector on the Settings page.